The first thing to consider when planning a vacation is to figure out what you want to do. If you are planning a family trip, it is important that you have a plan in place before you begin to shop for a vacation package. The following tips will help you get started on your planning.
1. Determine how long you plan to stay on the water. This may be a week or a month.
2. Determine where you will go. It may be as simple as choosing between the Caribbean and Florida. Or you may decide to go to Hawaii, Mexico, or Europe.
3. Decide how much money you want to spend on your vacation. You can spend less than $500 or more than $5000.
4. Decide whether you want to travel alone or with friends or family.
5. Determine if you want to rent or buy your boat. Renting a boat will cost less money but you may not have a lot of control over the boat. Buying a boat gives you more control over the boat.
6. Determine if you want a motorboat or a sailboat. Motorboats are faster and require less maintenance. Sailboats are slower and require more maintenance.
7. Determine if you want an inflatable boat or a rigid boat. An inflatable boat has a large storage space and can be carried easily. A rigid boat is heavier and requires more space to store.
8. Determine if you want something small or large. Small boats are easier to maneuver but larger boats offer more room.
9. Determine if you want gas or electric. Gas powered boats run on gasoline. Electric powered boats run on batteries.
10. Determine if you want cabin or non-cabin. Cabin boats are larger and offer more room. Non-cabin boats offer less space and more noise.